Terms and Conditions
ILIOS Travel undertakes to provide all services offered subject to the terms and conditions set out herein, which terms and conditions are accepted by the passenger.
- ILIOS Travel guarantees all reservations for scheduled day tours provided that it is requested forty eight (48) hours prior to departure.
- In order to ensure availability of preferred accommodation establishments on escorted overland tours, it is always recommended that reservations are made at least 30 days prior to departure date.
- ILIOS Travel makes every effort to ensure that the various services making up your tour will be carried out efficiently and as specified,
- Our drivers and couriers are trained and possess the necessary qualifications and documents.
ILIOS TRAVEL means ILIOS Travel (Pty) Ltd
PASSENGER means: individuals, groups, companies or other legal persons using the services offered by ILIOS Travel and includes the agents of passengers.
SERVICES means: the provision of accommodation and/or transportation and/or meals as offered by ILIOS Travel and accepted by the Passenger. DEPARTURE means: the scheduled date of departure of the ILIOS Travel vehicle.
SINGLE SUPPLIMENT: the single supplement is a premium charged to solo travelers when they take a room alone.
- Prices are subject to change without prior notification. Prices are also subject to adjustment in the event of changes in government imposed taxes, fuel price, hotel charges, tourism levies and or the introduction of national, regional or local taxes or levies of whatever nature.
- All prices and rates are quoted in ZA Rand, unless otherwise specified. Payment in approved foreign currency will be accepted at the rate of exchange applied by the bankers of ILIOS Travel at the time of receipt of payment. Any shortfall resulting from exchange rate fluctuations will be for the account of the passenger.
TOUR PRICE EXCLUSIONS
The tour price excludes: Any tips and gratuities (left to the individual’s discretion); personal items (beverages, cigarettes, telephone calls, room service, laundry and other extras); air and rail fares (unless specified as part of a package); visas, health requirements, immigration requirements. (ILIOS Travel accepts no responsibility if such documentation is not in order – visitors should consult their travel agents.)
Twenty-five percent (25%) of any tour price is due and payable on booking the tour. Final payment is due and payable 30 days before departure. Bookings made within 30 days of departure must be accompanied by full payment. Our offices in Cape Town, Port Elizabeth, Durban and Johannesburg accept all major credit cards (Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Diner’s Club cards). In the event of payment being made by credit card, a surcharge of 3% applies on the total tour price.
Children of all ages are welcome on our scheduled day tours. Bookings on our escorted overland tours are strictly subject to the availability of child- friendly accommodation at the time of request.
Children 12 years and under pay only 50% of the tour price provided they are accompanied by an adult on day tours.
Children 12 years and under pay only 50% of the tour price provided they are accompanied by and share the same room with two full paying adults. Restrictions apply to certain tours.
As a courteousy, ILIOS Travel is able to provide child seats when required, however, we do advise that guests supply their own seats for children and
infants. ILIOS Travel cannot be held responsible should the seats provided not be suitable for the guests’ requirements.
AMENDMENTS & CANCELLATIONS
- All amendments & cancellations shall only be valid if received by ILIOS Travel in writing.
- For any reservation cancelled within 30 days of the arrival date, a charge to the full value of the service booked will be made and any refund is subject to the discretion of the management. These cancellation fees are also subject to the discretion of ILIOS Travel.
- Amendments and all cancellations en route must be made with ILIOS Travel directly. Please note that en route cancellations and amendments may incur additional fees as determined by ILIOS Travel. Any such amounts due as a result of such amendments or cancellations are payable directly to ILIOS Travel.
- No refunds will be made for no-shows, or any unused services irrespective of whether they form part of the basic tour price, or whether they are in respect of pre-booked optional arrangements.
Accommodation is as specified in the itinerary or brochure and is based on 2 people sharing a twin bedded room. The use of specific accommodation is subject to availability. ILIOS Travel reserves the right to substitute hotels with other of a similar or higher category at no additional cost to the traveller, even after commencement of the tour. Single accommodation is available at an extra cost on a first come first served basis.
Meals included are as specified in the tour itinerary. Please check the applicable itinerary for details.
Transportation is in air-conditioned luxury SUV’s, Minivans, Quantums or Sprinters appropriate to the requirements of the tour and based on passenger numbers.
ILIOS Travel reserves the right to sub-contract in an emergency, and when this right is exercised the substitute vehicle will, as far as circumstances permit, compare equally with ILIOS’ vehicles.
HEALTH & VISAS
It is the responsibility of the agent and/passengers to ensure that all the necessary documentation and/or precautionary medication measurements are attended to prior to travel. ILIOS Travel does not accept responsibility in this regard.
Travellers undertake that they have made themselves aware of and accept the potential hazards related to travel, including injury, disease, loss or damage to property, inconvenience and discomfort and satisfied themselves prior to booking that they are fit and able to complete the itinerary of the chosen tour.
If the Traveller has any pre-existing medical condition or illness, they must declare the true nature of such condition at the time of booking and make arrangements for the provision of any drugs or other cause of treatment which may be required during their trip.
1 Suitcase and 1 overnight bag per person allowed. ILIOS Travel accepts no responsibility for loss or damage to luggage or personal property from whatsoever cause arising. Passengers are advised to take up adequate insurance cover.
RIGHT OF ADMISSION RESERVED
ILIOS Travel shall at its discretion enforce conduct rules, and reserves the right to decline to accept or retain any person as a passenger. Passengers shall obey every lawful instruction of any employee of ILIOS Travel.
Smoking is not permitted on board our ILIOS Travel vehicles. Comfort stops will be made en route.
CHECK IN TIME
Passengers shall check in at all departure points at least 30 minutes before the scheduled departure time. ILIOS Travel does not accept responsibility for any passenger who fails to comply with this condition.
ILIOS Travel is not liable for failure to perform its obligations if such failure is as a result of Acts of God (including fire, flood, earthquake, storm, hurricane or other natural disaster), war, invasion, act of foreign enemies, hostilities (regardless of whether war is declared), civil war, rebellion, revolution, insurrection, military or usurped power or confiscation, terrorist activities, nationalisation, government sanction, blockage, embargo, labor dispute, strike, lockout or interruption or failure of electricity or telephone service.
ILIOS Travel shall not be responsible for the consequences of any delays whether arising from accidents, breakdowns, or any other cause.
ILIOS Travel does not have direct control over the provision of services by hotels, airlines and suppliers and shall not be liable for any loss, damage, injury, additional cost, accident, delay or irregularity that may be occasioned by any error or default.
All tours, itineraries, travel arrangements, hotel accommodation and other arrangements are subject to alterations or cancellations at any time without prior notice and for any reason, at the sole and absolute discretion of iLIOS Travel. ILIOS Travel shall not be responsible for any damages whatsoever arising from any such alteration or cancellation.
STANDARD & SAFETY
ILIOS Travel undertakes that:
- Vehicles provided are large enough to accommodate the number of passengers and luggage as is specified in clause 12
- All drivers are licensed in terms of local legislation
- All vehicles are safe and comply with relevant safety regulations
- All travellers are advised to and are solely responsible to take out comprehensive travel insurance and to familiarise themselves with any exceptions and conditions as may be imposed by the insurance company or underwriters issuing the policy of insurance which they select.
- ILIOS Travel holds Passenger Liability Insurance between 5 to 20 Million Rand per vehicle and Public Liability Insurance of 5 Million Rand.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
ILIOS Travel is indemnified and held harmless against any and all claims, losses, damages and/or costs, howsoever caused, arising directly or indirectly from these Terms and Conditions and any tours operated or organised by ILIOS Travel. Nothing in this Agreement shall operate so as to exclude or in any way limit the Travellers´ or ILIOS Travel’s liability for fraud, or for death or personal injury caused by either´s negligence or any other liability that may not be excluded or limited as a matter of law.
The law of the Republic of South Africa shall govern the relationship between ILIOS Travel and the passenger and the Courts of the Republic of South Africa shall have sole jurisdiction in respect of any claims and/or disputes which may arise between ILIOS Travel and the passenger, or Agent.
ILIOS Travel, their employees, agents and associates shall not be responsible for and shall be exempt from any liability in respect of any loss, damage, injury, accident, delay or inconvenience to any person or their luggage or other personal property whether the same shall occur and whether the same shall arise from or be occasioned by the negligence of ILIOS Travel, their employees, agents, associates and other persons indirectly in the employ or service of ILIOS Travel or otherwise under any circumstances whatsoever.